Presentation at a MEXNEX meeting 02/07/2010
Possibilities of collaboration
- The wind tunnel
mesh file (structured multiblock) is available under Research
Collaboration Agreement ( RCA)
and with signing a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with the owner of the wind tunnel (DNW).
- EllipSys, the CFD code used for these computations, is available under a RCA or a commercial licensing
- Meshing and CFD computations of flow inside wind tunnel can be contracted under research collaboration or commercial agreement.
- The measurements of the MEXICO wind tunnel are available under a RCA.
Axial velocity passing through an horizontal plane at hub height.
- Axial velocity: 10 m/s
- Thrust Coefficient: Ct=0.77
- Actuator disc based on constant body forces (including tangential forces)
- CFD flow solver: EllipSys (in house at Risø DTU)
- Turbulence model: DES with k-omega SST
- Wall boundary condition: Slip (Symmetry like)
- Postprocessing tool: FieldView
- P.-E. Réthoré, N.N. Sørensen, F. Zahle, A. Bechmann and H.A. Madsen. 2011. CFD model of the MEXICO wind tunnel. Wind Energy Research.